We are committed to giving you a memorable Self Catering Safari experience at Buffalo Thorn Lodge
Included in the rates, are:
All game drives
Daily conservation fees
A daily fully serviced lodge by the staff
Tea and coffee in the rooms
- 5 Units – sleeping 2 per unit
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Barbecue facilities
- Swimming pool
- Entertainment system (LCD TV, DStv and home theatre system.)
ACCESS & TRANSFERS
- Access to Buffalo Thorn Lodge is by road from Johannesburg.
- The Lodge is approximately three hours drive from Johannesburg.
- Head towards Sun City. Stay on the R556 and pass the entrance to Sun City on the right.
- Continue for 5.11 km to the STOP sign, turn right at the intersection (into the R565).
- Continue on this road for approximately 27 km until you see the Black Rhino Game Reserve entrance on the right.
- Daily game activities/safari with a qualified ranger
- Fully serviced
- Coffee, tea and firewood
- Transfer to and from the gate (on request)
- Daily per person gate fees / Conservation fees
Only 10 guests allowed on game drive/ Safari (includes children of all ages)
- Meals, Refreshments, snacks etc
- Any other activities in and around Black Rhino Game Reserve
- Any other personal charges incurred (eg. breakages deposit)
The rate is for the rent of the WHOLE LODGE exclusively per night sleeping 10 guests.
- Rate is not per person
- Please note a minimum of 2 nights is required at any time.
- Please make use of our booking form on the reservations page.
- Check-in time is 14:30 and check out time is 10:00 – 10:30.
Buffalo Thorn Lodge only accommodates 10 guests (including children), ANY over occupancy meaning over and above 10 guests (including children) will be liable for an over-occupancy fine of R4000 per person per day